Summer 2020 Theme: Fashion Icons
- Weekly Themes
- Before & Aftercare
M Avery Designs Sewing Studio offers full day weeklong Summer Sewing & Fashion Design Camps for
tweens and teens in 6th to 10th grade.
In our sewing camps, your son or daughter will learn skills they cannot learn anywhere else including:
- How to operate a sewing machine independently
- Sewing project design and construction
- Improvement of fine motor skills including learning how to pin & cut fabric, thread needles, hand sewing, sewing using a sewing machine and more.
- Development of their creative muscle in designing sewing projects from start to finish.
- How to read basic sewing patterns and how to follow written & verbal instructions
- Basic fashion design & sketching skills.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Each Weekly Summer Camp Session:
- Meets Monday through Friday for a full day (9am - 4pm). Please note: We Do not offer daily camps.
- Never repeats a sewing project.
- Always completes 3-5 finished garments.
- Is led by competent, experienced sewing instructors
Full Day sessions will be from 9am - 4pm and includes supervised BYO lunch & (non-sewing) activities From 12-1pm in the studio. Teen & Tween Campers will have the option to leave the studio from 12-1pm for lunch with parent permission.
Sewing camp takes place in our creative sewing studios located the Monroe Center in Hoboken NJ
All Supplies are included.
15% sibling discounts
Space is limited. We continue to fill our camp each summer, so be sure to secure your spots early so you don’t miss out.
Due to the seasonal nature of summer programming and the set limitation of spaces offered, no refund shall be provided for absences, changes, withdrawals, or dismissal for cause.
Upon sign up, permission is hereby granted for photographs of the student to be taken. M Avery Designs has the right to utilize these photographs in studio promotional materials, unless parent makes other arrangements.
July 6-10, 2020
Fashion Icon Dress Designer Tracy Reese
Student designers will design & construct dress designs similar to those of iconic dress designer Tracy Reese (Michelle Obama's favorite)
July 13 - 17, 2020
Fashion Icon Knitwear Designer Missoni
Student designers will design & construct knitwear tops, bottoms and dresses similar to the iconic designs of Missoni.
July 20 - 24, 2020
Fashion Icon Activewear Designer Lululemon
Student designers will design and construct pants & tops meant for being active in (workout, dance, etc)
July 27 - 31, 2020
Fashion Icon Gown Designer Vera Wang
Student designers will design and construct evening gowns.
August 3 - 7, 2020
Fashion Icon Space Age Designer Pierre Cardin
Student designers will design and construct space age inspired clothing.
August 10 - 14, 2020
Fashion Icon Designer Coco Chanel
Student designers will design and construct separates including pants, jackets and skirts.
On on the 5th floor of the Monroe Center (the building where we are located) provides before care from 8-9am, as well as aftercare from 4-5pm Or 4-6pm each day.
We're happy to pick up and/or drop off kids participating in this.
If interested, contact Monroe Movement Space directly.
Please make us aware if your child will be participating in this.
Monroe Movement Space
720 Monroe Street 5th Floor
Hoboken NJ 07030
Be the first to know!
Subscribe to our mailing list to hear about all our new classes, events and sewing studio news!