- Details & Schedule
- Project Options
The love of sewing and making creative projects with your hands starts at a young age! We'd love to host your birthday party (or any type of party) at our sewing studio!
At our sewing parties, boys and girls turning turning age 5-11 and their guests make adorable & fun projects they can take home and actually use and/or play with!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Our 2-Hour Party includes the following:
- Exclusive use of the M Avery Designs Sewing Studio for 2 hours.
- Your choice of one sewing project from the choices below (or make a custom request)All students make same project, but choose fabric and details (if applicable).
- 1.5 hour sewing lesson/activity for guests to learn to sew & complete the project they take home with them after the party.
- All supplies and instruction for all your guests.
- 1-2 instructors/party hosts. This depends on how many guests you have attending.
- 1/2 hour for food & birthday cake following the sewing activity.
Pricing is as follows:
- $300 for groups up to 6 guests
- $400 for 8 guests
- $35 for each additional guest over 8 (up to 16 guests total)
Please note: At our sewing parties, our younger guests will use fabric cutting scissors, needles & thread, as well as the sewing machine (highly supervised) to stitch their project together!
You are welcome to bring in any food and drink for your party. There will be time between activities for pizza, cake, ice cream, etc. We can make recommendations of local vendors - Just ask.
Open for private parties during the week day, weekday evenings and weekend days & evenings. Just depends on availability.
Cancellation Policy: When you book your private party, you'll be charged a non-refundable deposit of $50. If cancellations are made within one week of your event date, you will be charged an additional $100 for loss of business.
Have something else in mind? Please feel free to suggest your own project and we'll see what we can do. We LOVE a theme party & to try out new projects, so let us know.
"My daughter had a wonderful birthday party at M. Avery Designs Sewing Studio. Sewing is a wonderful skill to possess and with instruction the children learn to do it confidently and without pressure. They leave with their creation and proud of their accomplishment. I highly recommend this studio!"
Joanne - Hoboken NJ
"Megan organized the best sewing birthday activity for my 6 year old daughter and her 2 older brothers and cousin. They pinned, cut out patterns and each sewed their own messenger bags. Watching each child select their fabrics and learn how to operate a sewing machine was such fun. All of the kids, ranging in age from 6-16, had a fantastic time!Megan is a calm, organized instructor and great facilitator. We also purchased a sewing machine from her and she did all the initial set up so that all we had to do was come home and plug it in! Saved us a day of manuals and frustration!Quoting my daughter, "this was the best day ever!"
Pam - Hoboken NJ
"M Avery Designs is authentic fun! The kids (in our case, ages 6-13) thoroughly enjoyed creating a cute stuffed animal. The instructors are thoughtful in their presentation of the activity and keeps the pace going with tracing, cutting, sewing, and stuffing! The results were adorable!"
Stacy - Jersey City NJ