About Sewing Machine Basics
- Does the thought of using a sewing machine for the first time intimidate you?
- Do you own a sewing machine and have no idea how to use it?
- Are you thinking of buying one, but have no idea where to start?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, the Sewing Machine Basics Class is for you!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Our Sewing Machine Basics Workshop covers:
- How to thread the sewing machine
- How to use the sewing machine
- How to fill and load the bobbin
- What stitch length & stitch width are why they matter
- What sewing machine tension is and why it's important
- How to sew your very first sewing project
Ages 14 & up are welcome to take this class
Do you have your own sewing machine?
If you own your own sewing machine and want to bring it to class, it must meet the following conditions:
- Must be a modern sewing machine that was manufactured with the last 10 years.
- Must be in working order.
Do you have a groupon voucher from another company?
What our students have said about this class:
"The instructor was very informative and she made us individually feel special."
"It was perfect for me as a someone who never used a sewing machine!"
"Great instructor! She was very knowledgeable and helpful! I like how the class was small, less than 10 people so she was able to help us one-on-one. Definitely recommend taking this class if you want to learn to sew!"
"Great class!!! I am sooo happy to have started my journey through sewing with M Avery Designs Sewing Studio. Megan was an excellent instructor. I definitely recommend."
"Megan is a super friendly instructor who explains things very clearly and in detail. She is extremely personably and welcoming. The class was informative and covered everything oh need to know about the basics of a sewing machine. We even made our own little pin cushion in the first day. It was a nice intimate group of 6 which ensured all our needs were met and questions answered. Awesome!!!"
"It was a surprisingly enjoyable experience. My daughter and I went on a Monday and learn a lot in a short period of time. Made some cute pin cushions in the end."
"I didn’t expect to learn so much in one sewing class. The instructor was wonderful. She was very thorough and patient with everyone’s questions. I look forward to taking more sewing classes."
Please make a note of the cancellation policy. Due to the nature of this hands-on workshop, there is very limited space in this class! No shows and last minute cancellations (within 48 hour of the class) cannot reschedule.
Be the first to know!
Subscribe to our mailing list to hear about all our new classes, events and sewing studio news!