About Mend & Repair Lab
The Mend & Repair Lab will teach you how to take the clothing you already own and don't wear into your favorite pieces. In this 3 week class you'll learn important sewing techniques to mend things that are ripped, torn or not fashion functional. You'll also learn creative ways to make the things you don't love into well fitting fashionable clothing that will become heavy in your clothing rotation. You'll also learn fun ways to take thrift store clothing and breathe new life into them, rescuing them from the landfill.
Skills you'll learn:
- Hemming, blind hemming & jeans hemming
- Replacing Buttons & Zippers
- Visible (Sashiko) Mending on Jeans
- Darning & repairing worn fabric
- Creative Patchwork to Fix Holes
- Fixing Torn Seams
- Shortening a skirt, dress or shirt
Supplies are included in the price of this class.
In Studio Instruction vs. At Home Live Video Instruction
This class is currently only being offered as a live class in our studio.