Show us What You’re Doing: In order for us to see what you’re doing at home and better instruct you, please have your phone, camera or laptop set up so you can show your teacher what you’re working on. A tripod is a great investment so you can angle your camera phone better throughout the class. One like this works very well.
Good Lighting: Make sure you’re in a well lit area that is not directly in front of a window.
Don’t be shy: We can better help you when you ask questions and interact with us. Also – these classes are meant to be social, as well as instructional.
Learn how to do beautiful hand embroidery techniques in the comfort of your own home. We use zoom video technology to allow the sewing class experience to happen where ever you are in the world.
No sewing experience is necessary to join this class. Experienced stitchers will learn new things each session and perfect their skills with additional sessions.
Week 1: Running Stitch, Back Stitch, Split Stitch, Stem Stitch, Chain Stitch & Whipped Back Stitch - We'll start a sampler to remember and have examples of all the foundation stitches. Week 2: Threaded Back Stitch, Pekinese Stitch, Blanket Stitch, Fly Stitch, Cross Stitch, Bead Stitch, French Knots & Satin Stitch. Week 3: Wagon Wheel Flower, Lazy Daisy Flowers & Leaves, Regular Fishbone Leaves, Raised Fishbone Leaves & Script Lettering.
Your First 3 Week Session:
Ages 14+ = $120
Age 65+ = $72 Use Code "superior" when checking out to get your discount
Any Additional 3 Week Session:
Age 14+ = $84 Use code "flosspro" when checkingout to get your discount.
Age 65+ = $60 Use Code "superiorpro" when checking out to get your discount.
For your first session our Embroidery Lab Starter Kit is included and will be mailed or delivered to you. Please sign up 1 week prior to class start to ensure getting your supplies on time. If you live in Hoboken, Jersey City, Union City or Weehawken NJ, arrangements can be made for delivery or pick up up to 2 days before class start.
No kit is included for additional sessions. Additional supplies can be purchased at checkout.
Embroidery Lab Starter Kit includes:
- 2 Large Eyed Embroidery Needles,
- 1/2 Yard (18" x 45") piece of linen fabric.
- Needle Threader
- Embroidery Hoop
- 8 skeins of embroidery floss of varying colors
"I had never tried embroidery before and I have enjoyed the class immensely. It is fabulous to learn a new skill, meet new friends, and be creative! The classes are set up so you learn at your own pace and our instructor provided a lot of encouragement and ideas so you can really develop your own projects and turn them into a finished piece of art (wearable or displayable)."
Laura L. New York, NY
Here are the steps M Avery Designs Sewing Studio will be taking to ensure each of our students in any of our studio sewing classes will remain safe & healthy:
- We will allow a maximum of 6 students in any of our studio sewing classes.
- Masks will be worn by all students and instructors while the class is taking place.
- In order to adhere to 6 feet of social distance, each student will have their own personal sewing space. See Studio Photo.
This will include access to their own personal sewing machine, as well as all their own personal sewing tools that are needed throughout their sewing class. Each student is welcome to bring their own tools and sewing machine if they choose.
- All of the surfaces and tools in the sewing studio will be thoroughly wiped down with Clorox bleach wipes following each class.
- Each student will have access to the bathrooms down the hall, but these are restrooms are maintained by the building where our studio resides.
- It is possible to get to our studio without using the elevator. It’s two flights up and you can access the stairs by following these directions:
- Enter the building from Monroe Street – the door to the right of the Shaka Bowl Entrance.
- Walk up the stairs located behind the elevator.
- On the SECOND floor, Walk around to the back of the stairs and make a right. Walk as if you’re headed to the corner of 7th street.
- In the South West corner of the building, you’ll see a set of stairs. Take these stairs up to the THIRD floor.
- Make a left and then a right and you’ll see our studio (Antique dress forms and sewing machine outside)