- Schedule & Sign Up
- Sew Club & More
Learn all the basics of sewing beautiful dresses that fit you in six weeks!
Students will focus on learning basic sewing skills to create 2-3 gorgeous dresses that actually fit your body. We've designed a 15 hour sewing class that will take your skills to the next level. This is a sewing course is designed for the sewing student who's had some basic experience.
As with all our sewing classes, all students work at their own pace and focus on learning new skills based on the skills they come to class with.
Projects in this Class:
Please note: The number of projects you complete in the class will depend on how much experience you come to class with, how much work you do at home and in Sew Club & the pace that you work.
Small, Personal Classes | There are only 6 spots per session.
- Taking your own body measurements.
- Review of Seam Allowance and why is it important?
- Review of threading & operating the sewing machine.
- Learning basic clothing construction.
- How to read a sewing pattern.
- Which patterns are right for me?
- What adjustments do I need to make?
- How do I take things in and let them out.
- How can I make this fit better?
Please note: Wednesday Summer Class - No Class on July 3rd.
This includes free Sew Club classes during AND one month past your beginner sewing boot camp classes. Sew Club is a great time to "makeup" anything you might have missed in a class, catch up on anything you fall behind on, or just sew whatever you'd like. There are no makeup classes if you miss a session. Cost of Sew Club is normally $20/class.
There is also the option of taking a private lessons to make up a missed class. The rate for a private lesson while you are enrolled in a 6-week class is $40/hour (normally $65/hour).
Buy Now | Send email to schedule
Please note: Fabric is NOT included. Woven Fabrics are available for purchase at the M Avery Designs Studio for $12 per yard. Stretch Knit Fabrics are available for purchase at the M Avery Designs Studio for $16 per yard. We have a variety of types, colors & prints, but keep in mind we are not a fabric store. Students also have the option of purchasing fabrics elsewhere before the class. Details & amounts are below.
- 3 Yards of light to medium weight woven fabric (no stretch or very little stretch). Some examples of suitable fabric types include silk or rayon crepe, shirtings, lawn, silk twill, light wool gabardine, wool crepe.
- 22" zipper - Not invisible
- One small hook and eye
- 2 yards of bias tape
We're happy to provide the bias tape and hook and eye to each student free of charge.
- 3.5 Yards of light to medium weight woven fabric (no stretch or very little stretch). Some examples of suitable fabric types include cotton voile, lawn, rayon challis, batiste, dotted swiss, georgette, light to medium weight silks.
- 1.5 Yards of bias tape
- 1.5 Yards of 3/4" or 1" wide elastic.
We're happy to provide the elastic and bias tape to each student free of charge.
- 3 Yards of medium weight fabrics such as poplin, denim, corduroy, velveteen, twill, flannel, wool crêpe or gabardine. Top is lined with same fabric as dress.
- 22-inch coil zipper (not invisible)
- Hook and eye - We're happy to provide these.
Be the first to know!
Subscribe to our mailing list to hear about all our new classes, events and sewing studio news!