- Schedule & Register
- Sew Club
Ever wanted to learn how to design and create your very own handbags, totes & purses? This class will show you how. You'll learn all the design & sewing secrets behind making your own bags with all the pockets, zippers & straps you can dream up!
We'll be making a zippered clutch/cosmetic bag, reversible shopper tote & a backpack.
In this 3 week workshop you'll learn the following:
- How to construct the bag exterior & lining using different shape variations.
- How to work with different materials including interfacings, different weights of bag making fabrics, even some faux leather & faux suede.
- How to add pockets (zippered, open, flaps, etc) where you want them.
- Techniques for different types of closures (zippers, snaps, buttons, velcro, etc.)
- Adding straps & handles.
3 Week Class $169
All supplies are included with this class.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Please note: The number of projects you complete in the class will depend on how much experience you come to class with, how much work you do at home and in Sew Club & the pace that you work.
The price includes free Sew Club classes during AND one month past your beginner sewing boot camp classes. Sew Club is a great time to "makeup" anything you might have missed in a class, catch up on anything you fall behind on, or just sew whatever you'd like. There are no makeup classes if you miss a session. Cost of Sew Club is normally $20/class.
Be the first to know!
Subscribe to our mailing list to hear about all our new classes, events and sewing studio news!