Learn more advanced sewing skills to make clothing in our 6 week class!
Students will focus on learning basic sewing skills to construct 2-3 articles of clothing that actually actually fit your body. We’ve designed a six week (15 hour) sewing class that will take your skills to the next level and have you sewing a top, pants and unlined jacket.
As with all our sewing classes, all students work at their own pace and focus on learning new skills based on the skills they come to class with.
– – – – – – – – – – –
Some of the things you’ll learn in this class:
- Taking your own body measurements.
- Review of seam allowance and why is it important?
- Review of threading & operating the sewing machine.
- Learning basic clothing construction.
- How to read a sewing pattern.
- Which patterns are right for me?
- What adjustments do I need to make?
- How do I take things in and let them out.
- How can I make this fit better?
– – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Projects in this Class:
How many garments you complete in the class will depend on:
- How much experience you come to class with.
- How much work you do at home and in Sew Club.
- The pace you work.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Price includes free Sew Club classes during AND one month past your class. Sew Club is a great time to “makeup” anything you might have missed in a class, catch up on anything you fall behind on, or just sew whatever you’d like. There are no makeup classes if you miss a session. Cost of Sew Club is normally $20/class.
Small, Personal Classes | There are only 6 spots per session.
Please note: Fabric is NOT included in the price of the class. Fabrics are available for purchase at the M Avery Designs Studio for $12 per yard. We have a variety of types, colors & prints, but keep in mind we are not a fabric store. Students also have the option of purchasing fabrics elsewhere before the class. Details & amounts are below.
Fabric & Supplies Needed:
- 1.5 Yards of fabric. Fabric can be any lightweight woven fabrics, such as cotton, cotton voile, lawn, rayon, linen, or cotton blends.
Fitted Trouser Pants:
- 2 Yards of medium weight woven fabrics with some stretch, such as stretch cotton twill, poplin, suiting, gabardine, pique, wool blends.
- 8″ or longer invisible zipper
- 3 Yards of medium weight woven fabrics, such as suiting, cotton, linen and linen blends, poplin, twill, silk dupioni, wool challis, gabardine, crepe.
Quick note about buying fabric – If you have no experience purchasing fabric, don’t worry about buying any before the first class. We have plenty of selection for the first project that we sell for $12/yard. The instructor will go over what type of fabric for the following projects.
Be the first to know!
Subscribe to our mailing list to hear about all our new classes, events and sewing studio news!