Hang with us in the sewing studio and work on your sewing projects and other like-minded folks who love to sew! This isn’t a class, but more of a gathering for those who love to sew to work on any project they would like. Bring your own supplies or purchase them at the studio.
To attend Sew Club, one of the following must apply to you:
- Completed a recent private sewing lesson with one of our instructors.
- Completed our Sewing Machine Basics class.
- Are currently enrolled or have completed the Beginner Sewing Boot Camp. (Sew club is free for you, see below!)
- You have a general working knowledge of how to sew & operate a sewing machine. This must be from within the last couple of years. Sorry 8th grade home ec. doesn’t count.
Sign up for a class at get yourself qualified, if you’re not already.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Come to work on the projects you didn’t have time to work on at home or catch up on our other M Avery Designs Sewing Class projects. The instructor can provide light instruction if you get stuck, but for in-depth projects you do not know how to tackle, we suggest you take a private lesson prior to attending Sew Club.
Sew Club is FREE for any adult students enrolled in any of our on-going Sewing Boot Camp classes while you are enrolled and one month following completion of the class.
$20 per 2 hour Sew Club – OR free for current six week class students
This gets you a sewing machine, use of all our wonderful sewing studio space, thread, use of all our other sewing tools (scissors, rulers, needles, you name it), patterns, books etc. Fabric is for sale in the studio. Feel free to bring any food or drink you’d like. Please note – As with all our classes, if we do not have sufficient enrollment, we reserve the right to cancel the class (with full refunds) with at least 48 hours notice.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Rules of Sew Club
- You don’t talk about Sew Club. Just Kidding – Sew Club is a time to work on sewing projects independently and get light instruction from the instructor working.
- Price of Sew Club is $20 for 2 hours.
- Sew Club is FREE for those currently enrolled in a class and up to 1 month past the last class of the session.
- Please use any of the studio tools, sewing machines, thread, etc.
- Fabric is for sale for the prices listed.
- Please feel free to use any of our sewing books and/or sewing patterns while in the sewing studio.
- The instructor is ALWAYS here to help you with projects related to the class you are enrolled in.
- Sew Club is not a sewing lesson for projects that are not from one our sewing classes. You can work on these and we can answer a question here and there if you get stuck. But keep in mind we have private sewing lessons that you are welcome to schedule one-on-one with an instructor for projects where you not sure what to do.
- Again – If you’re working on something independently and you’re really stuck, an instructor can help you. Please don’t take advantage of this. See rule 9.
- Feel Free to Eat, Drink and Make New Friends! Have Fun!
Be the first to know!
Subscribe to our mailing list to hear about all our new classes, events and sewing studio news!